We’re going to go through the 5 essential keys to a successful and reusable marketing
campaign launch. Once you have these basics down, you can use them over and over
The 5 essential keys are:
* Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
* Put an effective sales offer to work
* Avoid the marketing pitfalls
* Use a world-class marketing perspective
* Get results!
We’ll go through each one of these, so you can see exactly how to use them and how
they all affect the overall outcome of your marketing campaign.
Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
Take the time to ask yourself some questions from the prospective of the
customers/clients. What would it take to get your attention? What needs do you have
that need to be met? What are the promises you want fulfilled?
Once you know the answers to these questions you can start putting together a plan to
meet these needs. Then take a look at what USP your competitors are using to help you
develop your own USP. Your USP is what you are “promising” your customers/clients.
This is what’s going to set you apart from your competition.
Put an effective sales offer to work
To develop an effective sales plan, you need to:
1. Put together a headline that gets immediate attention.
2. Share benefits of your products/services speaking from the customers’
3. Identify the specific needs met by your products/services.
4. Make it easy to do business with you by offer guarantees.
5. Share your specific sales proposition.
6. Walk your customers/clients through how they should respond and act.
7. Motivate with a call to action.
What this all means is, you need to put together what makes your products/services
special and compel customers to buy. If they don’t feel like they NEED your product,
they won’t buy. You need to answer a question, solve a problem or feed an obsession.
You need to provide them with all the information they need to make an informed and
confident decision. Buyer’s remorse is one of the worst things that can happen.
Avoid the marketing pitfalls
There are 5 major marketing pitfalls many businesses fall into and you should avoid:
* Ignore market testing and push on with an inaccurate plan.
* Offer an incomplete case, or reasons, throughout their marketing plan.
* Fail to notice the needs of their prospective customers/clients.
* Fail to diversify their marketing options.
* Fail to get market opinions on their offers.
These are all areas to avoid. If you’ve been working through these lessons, avoiding
these pitfalls should be easy and natural.
Use a world-class marketing perspective
World-Class marketing perspective is important, especially if you want to attract
customers/clients from all over the world. You can do this a number of different
techniques and activities:
1. Keep a marketing journal and scribble down anything innovate you see.
2. Keep encouraging your marketing department, or yourself, to try new things and
dump the ones that aren’t working.
3. Order from your own company under a different name and analyze the process
of ordering, shipping, online store, customer service and the product itself. This
will show you where the areas for improvement in the customer experience.
4. Read every quality ad you can find and keep a file for future ideas to consider.
5. When out in public, watch how consumers behave in different situations and
how they consider their purchases.
6. Step down a notch or two and work on the front lines with your sales and
customer service staff.
7. Continuously acknowledge your staff, vendors and customers. Everyone works
and shops better when they feel appreciated.
8. Always listen to feedback from employees and customers.
9. Continuously test markets, ads, and marketing techniques. This is the only way
to stay successful and know what’s working and, more importantly, what’s not.
10. Offer more information in your marketing than anyone else. The more
information you offer, the more products/services you’ll sell.
11. A great marketing plan can only get better. Continue to fine tune and refine your
marketing plan based on testing results and feedback.
12. Be classy in your marketing. Make sure your marketing and advertising fits your
company image, products/service and quality.
13. Improve your best marketing areas and drop those that aren’t working.
14. Focus on what you say, not how you say it. The best marketing ideas turn into
the best marketing naturally.
15. Develop all your ads, campaigns and sales materials with an attention to
compelling and factual information.
By using these techniques you can put your name out there to the world and become
one of the top brands in your industry.
The last area we are going to talk about is the best-satisfied customers. If your
customers aren’t satisfied, you’ve wasted all your marketing resources and all chance of
positive word-of-mouth advertising. You can satisfy your customers by:
* Providing quality products/services
* Providing high quality customer service
* Providing a low-pressure, highly informative sales experience
* Taking all the risk away with a great guarantee
To generate more business there are a couple of simple techniques that work every
* Build your database with a contest.
* Do regular mailings with sales, discounts, or other incentives.
* Find other creative ways to keep your current customers coming back for more.
“As long as the reward is directly related to your product or service, you can’t lose. Why
not get started today? It’s so simple, it’s so seldom done, and it’s so profitable. And
that’s the bottom line.” Jay Abraham
It is so simple! So, why aren’t you starting today? We can help you put together a great
marketing plan that will get you results. Try our GUIDED TOUR and find the tools and
resources you need built by some of the biggest names in the marketing world.
There are three key areas of public relations you can use to boost your advertising
results ten-fold over your paid advertising.
The key to public relations lie in:
* Public relation or publicity
With a solid plan in place that encompasses all these areas, you’ll have a great approach
to use public relations in the best way possible.
Public relations include all that is the media. Don’t limit yourself. The attention of
newspapers, television, radio, magazines, bloggers, ezines and more are all equally
powerful. Online marketing is just as, if not more, important as conventional media.
Here are the steps to get noticed by the media:
1. Put together a press release for your company. The press release should be
relevant to your target market and address consumer interest, not just announce
2. Compact your press release to include one hook and one angle. Choose the most
attention-getting to make sure the media person you are sending it to is
interested in reading it.
3. Put your press release in professional formatting. With press releases you need a
dateline, the most important information at the top, facts, figures and wrap it up
with contact details including who and how. Print the press release on your
4. Send your press release to all television and radio stations, local and metro
newspapers, national newspapers, industry magazines, and any other form of
media that reaches your target market. Don’t forgot to include relevant blogs,
ezines, press release submission sites and to industry professionals.
More importantly than a perfect press release is to make sure you have addressed the
needs of your target market in the products/services you offer and made that clear in
the press release. If you are provided people a solution to a problem, a way to avoid a
problem and an opportunity to enhance their life the media and public will be
If you have a connection (or the ability to get a connection) with a celebrity, this can
practically guarantee you’ll get attention. Make sure you are offered newsworthy
information, and then follow up with media outlets to make sure they are publicizing
“One of the most powerful techniques every business should use is free publicity. As the
name implies, there is no cost, just the time and effort required to attract attention to
your business.” Jay Abraham
Our GUIDED TOUR can show you how to put together press releases that work! Check
out how the pro’s do it and craft the perfect press releases for your business.
It’s extremely important to build relationships with your vendors and those around you
can bring in new customers/clients and increase awareness of your company branding.
The people you work directly with on your products and services are really the ones
with the most to gain when you find success. By taking the time to get to know them,
you’ll find a whole host of opportunities you didn’t realize were there.
Look for great ways to offer your vendors rewards for helping grow your business and
everyone wins. One of ways you can do this is by offering performance based incentives
that are much larger than their normal charges.
Here’s the step-by-step process to putting together a partnership with a vendor:
1. Approach all the vendors you work with and offer an incentive based on
2. Put the generous incentive plan together from their perspective, even take
3. Develop a clear, concise and easy to track incentive plan, this will increase
competition between vendors and therefore higher performance levels.
4. Encourage subsequent sales instead of focusing only on the initial sale. By doing
this you can give away more of the profit from the initial sale to your vendors
and make higher profits off the back end products. Encourage:
* Future sales
* Upsell better and more profitable products/services
* Cross-sell to additional products
5. Create an incentive plan that’s irresistible to your vendors by offering generous,
Think of all the vendors you work with and the creative ways you can put together an
incentive plan that entices them to be part of your business. Use their talents,
capabilities and connections and you’ll both be winners.
Putting together an incentive plan doesn’t have to be a complicated process. Use our
GUIDED TOUR to come up with some great ideas and put your incentive plan together
for maximum results.
Today you’ll learn how to use direct mail marketing and, yes, telemarketing to your full
advantage. I know, the word “telemarketing” might as well be four letters, but there is a
way to help customers feel like they are getting personal attention and keep them from
blocking your number!
With the success direct mail marketing has had and the availability of computers, these
can be used as a powerful marketing tool for your success. Telemarketing is best for
high priced, high margin products/services.
Here are the key steps to putting together a highly effective direct mail marketing
1. List all benefits customers will get from the purchase of your products and
2. Pick the single most powerful benefit out of that list.
3. Build an attention-getting headline around that benefit. Remember to use
emotion-fulfill the desire to be young, wealthy, desired, popular or successful.
4. Develop a sales letter using the headline you created to grab attention, provide
information and motivate customers to act.
5. Put together supplementary items, such as a brochure, order form, reply
envelope or note that encourages them to read the letter.
6. Rent or purchase a mailing list.
7. Compare cost of mailing vs. cost per order.
8. Continue to test and refine your direct mail marketing plan.
You can see how direct mail marketing can help you find a local or even country-wide
target market to send letters or postcards to and draw in new clientele and customers.
Fine-tuning your marketing campaign will bring better results and therefore lower the
overall cost of the campaign.
To be successful in telemarketing you need to:
* Put together a plan, so you know exactly what you want to accomplish during
* Develop a list of topics to discuss and the questions you want to present around
* Input verbiage checking to see if you are calling at a good time.
* Include enough questions to keep the conversation interesting, but not too many
to sound like you are interrogating.
* Start with broad questions and narrow your focus as the conversation continues.
* Offer feedback to show them you are paying attention and appreciate their time.
* Don’t insult their intelligence or manipulate them.
* Listen first, talk second.
* Be relaxed and conversational.
Telemarketing doesn’t have to be the trauma it’s made out to be. You can put together
an honest, personal and effective telemarketing campaign that is endearing, informative
and gets the job done. Think of how you would want to be treated on a marketing call.
Ask your friends and family what they hate most about the telemarketing calls they get
and work hard to craft your plan in a better way.
“When selling by telephone, you have approximately thirty seconds to convince the
customer to listen to you. You need an opening statement that captures their attention,
conveys who you are, what you want and why the prospect should listen.” Jay Abraham
It’s easy to see how direct mail marketing and telemarketing can positively affect your
business by bringing in new customers and increasing the level of awareness about your
products, services and company branding. Our GUIDED TOUR offers the resources and
tools you need to work through these processes and put together the best marketing
plan you can.
Today I’d like to talk about how to turn prospects into customers and retain them for
future marketing to. While, your marketing is doing its job, you need to be working on
turning those prospects into customers. There are a few key ways to draw them in and
seal the deal. You need to be:
The biggest fear of most new customers is the dread buyer’s remorse. You want to avoid
this at all costs and this should be mitigated if you’ve provided a quality product/service
that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made.
However, this can still occur. There are two ways to deal with this:
Offer to refund money-no questions asked
Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product
These offers alone will also mitigate buyer’s remorse because the customer will trust
you more, just for offering these things.
There are number of other ways to turn a prospect into a customer:
1. Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
2. Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your
kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you feel
so much more human.
3. Offer a referral incentive.
4. Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
5. Offer package deals.
6. Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
7. Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
8. Offer financing options, if applicable.
9. Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
10. Offer special packaging or delivery.
11. Offer “name your own price” incentives.
12. Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
13. Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
14. Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
The options really are as limitless as you make it. You can use these or other ideas to
find what works the best for your business, products/service and target market.
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun
to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” Jay Abraham
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers?
Our GUIDED TOUR gives you exclusive access to the mountain of resources and tools,
along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth.