Put Them in a Trance
We’re going to go through the 5 essential keys to a successful and reusable marketing
campaign launch. Once you have these basics down, you can use them over and over
The 5 essential keys are:
* Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
* Put an effective sales offer to work
* Avoid the marketing pitfalls
* Use a world-class marketing perspective
* Get results!
We’ll go through each one of these, so you can see exactly how to use them and how
they all affect the overall outcome of your marketing campaign.
Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
Take the time to ask yourself some questions from the prospective of the
customers/clients. What would it take to get your attention? What needs do you have
that need to be met? What are the promises you want fulfilled?
Once you know the answers to these questions you can start putting together a plan to
meet these needs. Then take a look at what USP your competitors are using to help you
develop your own USP. Your USP is what you are “promising” your customers/clients.
This is what’s going to set you apart from your competition.
Put an effective sales offer to work
To develop an effective sales plan, you need to:
1. Put together a headline that gets immediate attention.
2. Share benefits of your products/services speaking from the customers’
3. Identify the specific needs met by your products/services.
4. Make it easy to do business with you by offer guarantees.
5. Share your specific sales proposition.
6. Walk your customers/clients through how they should respond and act.
7. Motivate with a call to action.
What this all means is, you need to put together what makes your products/services
special and compel customers to buy. If they don’t feel like they NEED your product,
they won’t buy. You need to answer a question, solve a problem or feed an obsession.
You need to provide them with all the information they need to make an informed and
confident decision. Buyer’s remorse is one of the worst things that can happen.
Avoid the marketing pitfalls
There are 5 major marketing pitfalls many businesses fall into and you should avoid:
* Ignore market testing and push on with an inaccurate plan.
* Offer an incomplete case, or reasons, throughout their marketing plan.
* Fail to notice the needs of their prospective customers/clients.
* Fail to diversify their marketing options.
* Fail to get market opinions on their offers.
These are all areas to avoid. If you’ve been working through these lessons, avoiding
these pitfalls should be easy and natural.
Use a world-class marketing perspective
World-Class marketing perspective is important, especially if you want to attract
customers/clients from all over the world. You can do this a number of different
techniques and activities:
1. Keep a marketing journal and scribble down anything innovate you see.
2. Keep encouraging your marketing department, or yourself, to try new things and
dump the ones that aren’t working.
3. Order from your own company under a different name and analyze the process
of ordering, shipping, online store, customer service and the product itself. This
will show you where the areas for improvement in the customer experience.
4. Read every quality ad you can find and keep a file for future ideas to consider.
5. When out in public, watch how consumers behave in different situations and
how they consider their purchases.
6. Step down a notch or two and work on the front lines with your sales and
customer service staff.
7. Continuously acknowledge your staff, vendors and customers. Everyone works
and shops better when they feel appreciated.
8. Always listen to feedback from employees and customers.
9. Continuously test markets, ads, and marketing techniques. This is the only way
to stay successful and know what’s working and, more importantly, what’s not.
10. Offer more information in your marketing than anyone else. The more
information you offer, the more products/services you’ll sell.
11. A great marketing plan can only get better. Continue to fine tune and refine your
marketing plan based on testing results and feedback.
12. Be classy in your marketing. Make sure your marketing and advertising fits your
company image, products/service and quality.
13. Improve your best marketing areas and drop those that aren’t working.
14. Focus on what you say, not how you say it. The best marketing ideas turn into
the best marketing naturally.
15. Develop all your ads, campaigns and sales materials with an attention to
compelling and factual information.
By using these techniques you can put your name out there to the world and become
one of the top brands in your industry.
The last area we are going to talk about is the best-satisfied customers. If your
customers aren’t satisfied, you’ve wasted all your marketing resources and all chance of
positive word-of-mouth advertising. You can satisfy your customers by:
* Providing quality products/services
* Providing high quality customer service
* Providing a low-pressure, highly informative sales experience
* Taking all the risk away with a great guarantee
To generate more business there are a couple of simple techniques that work every
* Build your database with a contest.
* Do regular mailings with sales, discounts, or other incentives.
* Find other creative ways to keep your current customers coming back for more.
“As long as the reward is directly related to your product or service, you can’t lose. Why
not get started today? It’s so simple, it’s so seldom done, and it’s so profitable. And
that’s the bottom line.” Jay Abraham
It is so simple! So, why aren’t you starting today? We can help you put together a great
marketing plan that will get you results. Try our GUIDED TOUR and find the tools and
resources you need built by some of the biggest names in the marketing world.
PR Equals Free Publicity
There are three key areas of public relations you can use to boost your advertising
results ten-fold over your paid advertising.
The key to public relations lie in:
* Public relation or publicity
With a solid plan in place that encompasses all these areas, you’ll have a great approach
to use public relations in the best way possible.
Public relations include all that is the media. Don’t limit yourself. The attention of
newspapers, television, radio, magazines, bloggers, ezines and more are all equally
powerful. Online marketing is just as, if not more, important as conventional media.
Here are the steps to get noticed by the media:
1. Put together a press release for your company. The press release should be
relevant to your target market and address consumer interest, not just announce
2. Compact your press release to include one hook and one angle. Choose the most
attention-getting to make sure the media person you are sending it to is
interested in reading it.
3. Put your press release in professional formatting. With press releases you need a
dateline, the most important information at the top, facts, figures and wrap it up
with contact details including who and how. Print the press release on your
4. Send your press release to all television and radio stations, local and metro
newspapers, national newspapers, industry magazines, and any other form of
media that reaches your target market. Don’t forgot to include relevant blogs,
ezines, press release submission sites and to industry professionals.
More importantly than a perfect press release is to make sure you have addressed the
needs of your target market in the products/services you offer and made that clear in
the press release. If you are provided people a solution to a problem, a way to avoid a
problem and an opportunity to enhance their life the media and public will be
If you have a connection (or the ability to get a connection) with a celebrity, this can
practically guarantee you’ll get attention. Make sure you are offered newsworthy
information, and then follow up with media outlets to make sure they are publicizing
“One of the most powerful techniques every business should use is free publicity. As the
name implies, there is no cost, just the time and effort required to attract attention to
your business.” Jay Abraham
Our GUIDED TOUR can show you how to put together press releases that work! Check
out how the pro’s do it and craft the perfect press releases for your business.
Telemarketing is NOT the Anti-Christ
Today you’ll learn how to use direct mail marketing and, yes, telemarketing to your full
advantage. I know, the word “telemarketing” might as well be four letters, but there is a
way to help customers feel like they are getting personal attention and keep them from
blocking your number!
With the success direct mail marketing has had and the availability of computers, these
can be used as a powerful marketing tool for your success. Telemarketing is best for
high priced, high margin products/services.
Here are the key steps to putting together a highly effective direct mail marketing
1. List all benefits customers will get from the purchase of your products and
2. Pick the single most powerful benefit out of that list.
3. Build an attention-getting headline around that benefit. Remember to use
emotion-fulfill the desire to be young, wealthy, desired, popular or successful.
4. Develop a sales letter using the headline you created to grab attention, provide
information and motivate customers to act.
5. Put together supplementary items, such as a brochure, order form, reply
envelope or note that encourages them to read the letter.
6. Rent or purchase a mailing list.
7. Compare cost of mailing vs. cost per order.
8. Continue to test and refine your direct mail marketing plan.
You can see how direct mail marketing can help you find a local or even country-wide
target market to send letters or postcards to and draw in new clientele and customers.
Fine-tuning your marketing campaign will bring better results and therefore lower the
overall cost of the campaign.
To be successful in telemarketing you need to:
* Put together a plan, so you know exactly what you want to accomplish during
* Develop a list of topics to discuss and the questions you want to present around
* Input verbiage checking to see if you are calling at a good time.
* Include enough questions to keep the conversation interesting, but not too many
to sound like you are interrogating.
* Start with broad questions and narrow your focus as the conversation continues.
* Offer feedback to show them you are paying attention and appreciate their time.
* Don’t insult their intelligence or manipulate them.
* Listen first, talk second.
* Be relaxed and conversational.
Telemarketing doesn’t have to be the trauma it’s made out to be. You can put together
an honest, personal and effective telemarketing campaign that is endearing, informative
and gets the job done. Think of how you would want to be treated on a marketing call.
Ask your friends and family what they hate most about the telemarketing calls they get
and work hard to craft your plan in a better way.
“When selling by telephone, you have approximately thirty seconds to convince the
customer to listen to you. You need an opening statement that captures their attention,
conveys who you are, what you want and why the prospect should listen.” Jay Abraham
It’s easy to see how direct mail marketing and telemarketing can positively affect your
business by bringing in new customers and increasing the level of awareness about your
products, services and company branding. Our GUIDED TOUR offers the resources and
tools you need to work through these processes and put together the best marketing
plan you can.
Turn Prospects into Customers Overnight!
Today I’d like to talk about how to turn prospects into customers and retain them for
future marketing to. While, your marketing is doing its job, you need to be working on
turning those prospects into customers. There are a few key ways to draw them in and
seal the deal. You need to be:
The biggest fear of most new customers is the dread buyer’s remorse. You want to avoid
this at all costs and this should be mitigated if you’ve provided a quality product/service
that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made.
However, this can still occur. There are two ways to deal with this:
Offer to refund money-no questions asked
Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product
These offers alone will also mitigate buyer’s remorse because the customer will trust
you more, just for offering these things.
There are number of other ways to turn a prospect into a customer:
1. Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
2. Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your
kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you feel
so much more human.
3. Offer a referral incentive.
4. Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
5. Offer package deals.
6. Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
7. Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
8. Offer financing options, if applicable.
9. Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
10. Offer special packaging or delivery.
11. Offer “name your own price” incentives.
12. Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
13. Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
14. Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
The options really are as limitless as you make it. You can use these or other ideas to
find what works the best for your business, products/service and target market.
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun
to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” Jay Abraham
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers?
Our GUIDED TOUR gives you exclusive access to the mountain of resources and tools,
along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth.
Make it Pop!
There are 5 major components to good advertising copy: (The order of these is essential to success)
• Command Attention
• Showcase Benefits of Products/Services
• Prove the Benefits
• Persuade People to Embrace the Benefits
• Call to Action
Advertising is sales in print. So, you need to think about the unique benefits your products/services offer and showcase that in a persuasive way. You need to emphasize results, not features.
Let’s take a minute to talk about each of these components:
1. Command Attention: This is usually accomplished with the headline. You need an attention-getter that makes people want to know more about your products/services. The best headlines give a vivid portrayal of the benefits or show how a problem can be avoided with your products/services. The headline is the advertisement for the advertisement.
2. Showcase Benefits: You have to showcase the benefits of your products and services and, more importantly, show how they will solve or prevent a problem. They need to know what’s in it for them. Include useful, factual and clear information to show precisely what the benefits are and how they are going to help the customer.
3. Offer Proof: This is where you prove what the advertisement is offering. You need to establish you have a method to deliver. Consider information that establishes credibility and past performance.
4. Persuade: You need to add compelling reasons for your potential customers to purchase your products/services. Use a hard sell approach and create scarcity. This will enact your potential customers to feel like they have to act now. Which leads into the last component.
5. Call to Action: You need to compel your potential customers to DO something. They need to check out your site, sign up for your newsletter, purchase your products, contact you about services…something. Offer a freebie-a booklet, sample, product, bonus, demo, consult, limited time price…the list goes on. There are lots of ways to get potential customers excited about ordering and help them feel like they are getting an amazing deal.
Good advertisements include all of these components and are not complete without any of them. You can sit down and think through any one of these components, then figure out how to best place them together for the most effectiveness. We can help you with this too. Try our GUIDED TOUR to learn how to put together great advertisements from some of the best in the business.