Put Them in a Trance
We’re going to go through the 5 essential keys to a successful and reusable marketing
campaign launch. Once you have these basics down, you can use them over and over
The 5 essential keys are:
* Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
* Put an effective sales offer to work
* Avoid the marketing pitfalls
* Use a world-class marketing perspective
* Get results!
We’ll go through each one of these, so you can see exactly how to use them and how
they all affect the overall outcome of your marketing campaign.
Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
Take the time to ask yourself some questions from the prospective of the
customers/clients. What would it take to get your attention? What needs do you have
that need to be met? What are the promises you want fulfilled?
Once you know the answers to these questions you can start putting together a plan to
meet these needs. Then take a look at what USP your competitors are using to help you
develop your own USP. Your USP is what you are “promising” your customers/clients.
This is what’s going to set you apart from your competition.
Put an effective sales offer to work
To develop an effective sales plan, you need to:
1. Put together a headline that gets immediate attention.
2. Share benefits of your products/services speaking from the customers’
3. Identify the specific needs met by your products/services.
4. Make it easy to do business with you by offer guarantees.
5. Share your specific sales proposition.
6. Walk your customers/clients through how they should respond and act.
7. Motivate with a call to action.
What this all means is, you need to put together what makes your products/services
special and compel customers to buy. If they don’t feel like they NEED your product,
they won’t buy. You need to answer a question, solve a problem or feed an obsession.
You need to provide them with all the information they need to make an informed and
confident decision. Buyer’s remorse is one of the worst things that can happen.
Avoid the marketing pitfalls
There are 5 major marketing pitfalls many businesses fall into and you should avoid:
* Ignore market testing and push on with an inaccurate plan.
* Offer an incomplete case, or reasons, throughout their marketing plan.
* Fail to notice the needs of their prospective customers/clients.
* Fail to diversify their marketing options.
* Fail to get market opinions on their offers.
These are all areas to avoid. If you’ve been working through these lessons, avoiding
these pitfalls should be easy and natural.
Use a world-class marketing perspective
World-Class marketing perspective is important, especially if you want to attract
customers/clients from all over the world. You can do this a number of different
techniques and activities:
1. Keep a marketing journal and scribble down anything innovate you see.
2. Keep encouraging your marketing department, or yourself, to try new things and
dump the ones that aren’t working.
3. Order from your own company under a different name and analyze the process
of ordering, shipping, online store, customer service and the product itself. This
will show you where the areas for improvement in the customer experience.
4. Read every quality ad you can find and keep a file for future ideas to consider.
5. When out in public, watch how consumers behave in different situations and
how they consider their purchases.
6. Step down a notch or two and work on the front lines with your sales and
customer service staff.
7. Continuously acknowledge your staff, vendors and customers. Everyone works
and shops better when they feel appreciated.
8. Always listen to feedback from employees and customers.
9. Continuously test markets, ads, and marketing techniques. This is the only way
to stay successful and know what’s working and, more importantly, what’s not.
10. Offer more information in your marketing than anyone else. The more
information you offer, the more products/services you’ll sell.
11. A great marketing plan can only get better. Continue to fine tune and refine your
marketing plan based on testing results and feedback.
12. Be classy in your marketing. Make sure your marketing and advertising fits your
company image, products/service and quality.
13. Improve your best marketing areas and drop those that aren’t working.
14. Focus on what you say, not how you say it. The best marketing ideas turn into
the best marketing naturally.
15. Develop all your ads, campaigns and sales materials with an attention to
compelling and factual information.
By using these techniques you can put your name out there to the world and become
one of the top brands in your industry.
The last area we are going to talk about is the best-satisfied customers. If your
customers aren’t satisfied, you’ve wasted all your marketing resources and all chance of
positive word-of-mouth advertising. You can satisfy your customers by:
* Providing quality products/services
* Providing high quality customer service
* Providing a low-pressure, highly informative sales experience
* Taking all the risk away with a great guarantee
To generate more business there are a couple of simple techniques that work every
* Build your database with a contest.
* Do regular mailings with sales, discounts, or other incentives.
* Find other creative ways to keep your current customers coming back for more.
“As long as the reward is directly related to your product or service, you can’t lose. Why
not get started today? It’s so simple, it’s so seldom done, and it’s so profitable. And
that’s the bottom line.” Jay Abraham
It is so simple! So, why aren’t you starting today? We can help you put together a great
marketing plan that will get you results. Try our GUIDED TOUR and find the tools and
resources you need built by some of the biggest names in the marketing world.
PR Equals Free Publicity
There are three key areas of public relations you can use to boost your advertising
results ten-fold over your paid advertising.
The key to public relations lie in:
* Public relation or publicity
With a solid plan in place that encompasses all these areas, you’ll have a great approach
to use public relations in the best way possible.
Public relations include all that is the media. Don’t limit yourself. The attention of
newspapers, television, radio, magazines, bloggers, ezines and more are all equally
powerful. Online marketing is just as, if not more, important as conventional media.
Here are the steps to get noticed by the media:
1. Put together a press release for your company. The press release should be
relevant to your target market and address consumer interest, not just announce
2. Compact your press release to include one hook and one angle. Choose the most
attention-getting to make sure the media person you are sending it to is
interested in reading it.
3. Put your press release in professional formatting. With press releases you need a
dateline, the most important information at the top, facts, figures and wrap it up
with contact details including who and how. Print the press release on your
4. Send your press release to all television and radio stations, local and metro
newspapers, national newspapers, industry magazines, and any other form of
media that reaches your target market. Don’t forgot to include relevant blogs,
ezines, press release submission sites and to industry professionals.
More importantly than a perfect press release is to make sure you have addressed the
needs of your target market in the products/services you offer and made that clear in
the press release. If you are provided people a solution to a problem, a way to avoid a
problem and an opportunity to enhance their life the media and public will be
If you have a connection (or the ability to get a connection) with a celebrity, this can
practically guarantee you’ll get attention. Make sure you are offered newsworthy
information, and then follow up with media outlets to make sure they are publicizing
“One of the most powerful techniques every business should use is free publicity. As the
name implies, there is no cost, just the time and effort required to attract attention to
your business.” Jay Abraham
Our GUIDED TOUR can show you how to put together press releases that work! Check
out how the pro’s do it and craft the perfect press releases for your business.
Educate Your Customers
Educate them about what, you may be thinking. Well, consider this, many businesses focus solely on attracting new customers, but you NEED to spend a good chunk of your time retaining current and former customers. These are people you already know to be a good sales potential…they’ve already bought from you!
Take the time to market and sell new products to your old customers and less time trying to sell old products to new customers and you will see a drastic change in your sales, customer quality and branding position.
Here are a couple of key elements to use to retain your current customers:
- Stay in contact: This means by phone, email, e-newsletter, in person-by pigeon if you have too!
- Post-Purchase Assurance: This means you need to follow up with customers. Your customers need to feel like they are being supported for their purchase and with the item they purchased. How many times have you purchased a product, then felt completely abandoned? Something as simple as a Thank You note with your contact or customer service information can go along way in retaining a great customer.
- Deals & Guarantees: Always offer your current customers the best deals and guarantees you have. Show them you appreciate their business or even come up with a club specifically to reward loyal customers. You can also do this with a preferred pricing option.
- Integrity: Using good business practices and simply upholding integrity, dignity and honesty go along way with customers. Let’s face it, there’s a lot of swindling and crap out there and the safer and more confident you make your customers feel, the more they will trust you and that makes for an amazingly supportive and loyal customer.
There are three cornerstone ideas to a successful business:
- Quality product/service
- Offering useful products/services that solve a problem for or enhance the life of a customer
- Offer subjects your customers find interesting
Use this approach of educating your customers and offering them real information and insight and you will be rewarded with loyalty and success.
Stop wasting all your time on new prospects while your current customers fall by the wayside!
As Jay Abraham says, “Your best prospects are your existing customers. If you’ve been putting all your marketing efforts into acquiring new customers, stop and diverts some of your resources into reselling, upselling, cross-selling to those same customers. In every ways possible – through package inserts, regular mailings, special offers – stay in touch with those customers and get them used to buying from you.”
So, there it is! Remember, our FREE test drive can help you put together the resources and tools to do exactly that. We can help you educate your customers and you can watch the benefits pay offer many-fold.